Join VillageMD as a VP, Corporate Development based in Chicago.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation!
At VillageMD, we are looking for a VP, Corporate Development to help us transform the way primary care is delivered & how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies & support. Inspiring them with better practices & consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven & patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, & never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As the VP of Corporate Development, you would partner with external advisors & internal colleagues to perform due diligence, model, structure, negotiate & ultimately lead all components of the transaction process. This would include negotiation of transaction business points, legal documentation, the coordination of cross-functional teams during the due diligence, & overall process management for execution & integration.
How you can make a difference
- Own transaction structuring & negotiation of corresponding transaction-related agreements for acquisitions of medium to large primary care practices (in partnership with VillageMD counsel).
- Perform financial due diligence & partner with team members across VillageMD, as well as external advisors, to ensure completion of broad-based diligence & integration planning, including deep dives into clinic operations, value-based contract performance, & legal diligence.
- Perform financial modeling to estimate anticipated ranges of returns on investment.
- Lead overall diligence process by coordinating the workstreams of cross-functional team members from Operations, Revenue Cycle, Technology, Talent, & Real Estate.
- Partner with VillageMDs financial/operating leadership to establish financial planning / KPIs to be measured post-close.
- Partner with senior leadership to insure alignment on key terms & expectations for transactions.
- Manage day-to-day transactions processes, communications, & outside relationships with both selling physicians & external advisors
- Accountable for completion and/or coordination of other transaction & acquisition-related support services.
- Contribute meaningfully to M&A process design & standardization, & its implementation.
- Develop & mentor junior team members.
- Partner with our Growth team to move attractive practices through our acquisition pipeline.
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn on your own & take initiative with minimal direction
- A bias for action & pragmatic solutions
- Ability & willingness to drive collaboration across the team & a commitment to transparency on open matters, next steps, & performance measurement
- High emotional intelligence including the ability to develop substantial relationships & successfully navigate diverse partner groups
- Shown experience performing under pressure in an extremely fast-paced & constantly evolving environment with a strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication & doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- 14+ years of experience in M&A, via some combination of corporate development, private equity, investment banking, venture capital or consulting required.
- Minimum of five years of healthcare industry experience (excluding pharma & biotech) required.
- Extensive deal management experience.
- Familiarity with healthcare economics helpful including knowledge of impact to physician practice & managed care environment
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.