Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 40+ buildings, 6 cities, & over 1,500 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is hiring a talented Construction Assistant Project Manager to manage the construction close out & furniture installation process in our new homes. From upholding Commons interests in time & quality, to procuring & managing our directly sourced vendors, this role will be responsible for delivering on our quickly expanding pipeline. Commons development partners are responsible for the majority of the general construction of our homes. It will be your job to ensure that our homes are opened successfully, including close out of punch list, commissioning of our low voltage systems, & overseeing all FFE installation. As the Construction Assistant Project Manager, you will report directly to the the Construction Project Manager.
- Uphold Commons Brand Standards & quality expectations through site inspections, sign offs & best practice documentation
- Manage the punch list close out process with the partner GC, including coordinating inputs from other Common internal stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with the Procurement Team to ensure on time & on budget delivery to site of all furniture, & the on time & on budget opening of Common homes
- Oversee the FF&E installation process at the Common homes, including communicating & managing installation contractors, cleaners & contracted labor
- Ensure the smooth & successful handover to Common operating teams
- Create project specific scopes & schematic layouts for access control, WiFi & camera systems
- Contract & manage Commons directly engaged subcontractors
- Create & manage project schedules & budgets
- Manage client expectations & overall satisfaction with project outcomes
- This role is primarily based on the project sites, & includes travel to new home locations around the country. Travel is typically 2-3 weeks at a time & occurs regularly, as determined by the project schedules
- Other duties & ad hoc projects from time to time & based on business needs
- 2+ years construction project management experience either as a client or GC
- Experience within the residential, hospitality or retail sectors is preferred
- Experience with construction quality control, project scheduling & cost reporting
- Experience negotiating & managing vendor contracts
- A keen love of organization & prioritization, working across several projects at a time
- A team player with a can-do attitude but will ask for help when needed
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) & a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.