Founded in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty & grooming retailer, offering an efficient, personalized way to discover & shop for new products. We redefined the e-commerce experience by pairing a monthly subscription of samples with a curated online shop featuring more than 800 best-in-class brands. Every month, subscribers receive five prestige samples tailored to their unique profile along with inspiring editorial content that creates a seamless path to purchase full-size versions of their favorites on Birchbox.com. In 2012, we launched Birchbox Man & expanded internationally, & in 2014, we opened our first brick-and-mortar store in Soho. Today we have more than one million subscribers & operate in six countries, including France, Spain, UK, Belgium & Canada. Birchbox is headquartered in New York City.
Why are Associate Merchants important to Birchbox?
Our Merchant teams are the force behind our mission at Birchbox- without them, we would not be able to give consumers a personalized way to discover & shop for new beauty & grooming products. As an integral member within the Merchandising team, the Associate Merchants provide daily support to the Merchants which entails: researching, data entry, creation of sales materials, generating reports, client communication & much more. Overall, they provide assistance & support to the team so together we can drive new partnerships with brands & deliver great products to our customers.
Associate Merchants at Birchbox will:
- Launch product & brand pages on Birchbox.com
- Review online product pages & product descriptions for use in boxes
- Maintain & update detailed client information using internal tools & Salesforce
- Work closely with Supply Chain team & brand partners on shipment & product related issues
- Project Manage brand campaigns with Marketing, Social & Editorial teams
- Research potential new brands partners
- Research & prepare brand information to be used during sales pitches
- Collect & maintain physical samples in office
- Generate weekly & monthly sales reports
- Ensure that all products are accurately presented across the site
- Look for ways toimprove product information or do things more efficiently
A successful Associate Merchant candidate has:
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Exceptional attention to detail a must
- Experience in Merchandising, Sales, or Planning a plus
- Experience with Mac OS, Power Point, Excel & Google Docs a plus
- Bachelor's Degree