Flamingo Social Media Editor
The Social Media Editor will plan & manage content across social media channels for Flamingo. The right candidate is a natural storyteller, culling images, stories, ideas, & inspiration from the team & translating it into a compelling content plan. You can write naturally in the Flamingo voice (curious, intelligent, funny) & push tone for what feels natively right for each channel. You live & breathe social media, with a strong perspective on how Flamingo should participate & a vision for how we can push the boundaries of how we show up. And youre organized; you can keep up a calendar, communicate well cross functionally, hit deadlines, & eventually manage people, internally & externally. A sense of humor necessary, a passion for beauty & personal care a plus.
What you will accomplish:
- Plan & manage social calendar across channels
- Act as an editor, sourcing content (pop culture, archive of F' images, site, other marketing assets, our community)
- Direct content when needed (brief in creative team & give input to production)
- Independently write captions with little editing (frame content, think natively for channel, brand right tone, tie back to product/mission)
- Pitch new content ideas, direct the process & partner with the marketing, community, R&D, & creative teams to bring it to life
- Build a short & long term strategy for channel management & growth (for existing & new channels)
- Build reporting structure & cadence to share growth, insights, & engagement with the wider team
- Partner with influencer/community team to foster an engaged community around the brand; build a strategy to scale engagement
- Engage daily with our community (DMs, comments, likes); partner with CX to manage social CX
- Passionate about building a new kind of body care brand
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including directly managing social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, SNAP, Tik Tok, Twitter) for a brand or relevant organization
- Prior experience working at a startup or similar environment
- Excellent editorial judgment, writing skills, & ability to capture Flamingos voice
- Analytical understanding, experience with data insights, & a working knowledge of social data tools
- A natural communicator with strong writing skills; youre able to sell people into a vision & bring them along on your thought process & strategy
- Creative & brimming with your own ideas, while also able to help others structure thinking to prioritize theirs
- Structured & organized in your thinking. You love setting up systems to improve the way the team works.
Flamingo designs body care products for daily routines & self-care rituals. With an award-winning razor, (also) award-winning shave gel, wax strips for face & body, & skin care products free from parabens, phthalates, & artificial dyes, Flamingo is a new kind of body careone made for all routines & skin types, & fairly priced.
Our products & campaigns have been covered by Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, & InStyle, & weve won major accolades from Allure (Best in Beauty), Essence (Best in Black Beauty), & Fast Company (Most Innovative in Beauty). We set aside 1% of sales to support nonprofits working to improve the physical, emotional, & mental health of women globally. Flamingo is available on shopflamingo.com, Goop, Target, Walgreens, CVS, & select grocery stores nationwide.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.