BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled and resourceful Camera Operate/Sound Mixer to bring their expertise to an upcoming branded production being shot on location in Los Angeles & in NYC. We are looking for one Camera Operator/Sound Mixer in Los Angeles & one in NYC.
These are project-based, freelance positions with a project rate of $510/day + $250 Sound kit fee in LA & $560/day + $250 Sound kit fee in NYC.
- Operate camera on set
- Work with DP to implement creative vision
- Follow shot list & other creative materials
- Be willing to & able to set up lights, grip, & perform camera prep responsibilities
- Work with other members of camera crew such as an Assistant Camera
- Work with lighting crew
- Plan audio setup & equipment needs
- Setup sound recording equipment on set
- Properly mic talent
- Monitor recording & provide properly mixed tracks
- Must have 3+ years of production sound experience
- Has experience with Zoom recorders or can provide personal kit
- 3+ years of production experience as a camera operator working on branded, commercial, or music videos
- Strong technical knowledge of cameras & the film production process
- Flexible approach & collaborative
- Must provide samples of work / reel
- Experience with variety of equipment, techniques
- Knowledge of standard set protocol
- Previous branded digital video experience is ideal
- Include a link to your portfolio or provide samples of your work or your reel in your application
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. At BuzzFeed, youll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.