Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Creative Director, Design to join our Creative team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in branding & graphic design, packaging design, and leading a team of designers. You will report to the Head of Creative based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
Evolve, own, & iterate on an elevated, cohesive design system that ensures brand consistency across all touchpointsincluding e-comm, email, paid & organic social, OOH, packaging, & retail, inclusive of campaign marketing, printed collateral, shipping material, store graphics, more.
Collaborate closely with the Packaging Development, Product Design, & Retail teams to identify & enhance branding opportunities across the holistic packaging ecosystem (inclusive of shippers, retail bags, PLA bags, etc), keeping material efficiencies & sustainability top of mind.
Work closely with Creative Integration to facilitate approvals process with all key stakeholders including Brand, Growth, Product Design, Operations, & Merchandising to ensure design meets all standards & needs
Be responsible for staying up-to-date on the latest industry trends while continuing to lead the way with innovative packaging, materials, retail experiences, & design techniques
Maintain standards & help evolve brand guidelines as we continue to grow into new markets, execute new products & partnerships, work to meet all legal requirements, & more
Who you are:
- 10 years experience in branding & graphic design, with at least 3 years in packaging design
- A strong, dynamic portfolio of projects that have elevated a brands total experiencedemonstrating exceptional knowledge of digital design, packaging design, experiential design, typography, branding, & print design with the customer in-mind
- Youre a detail-oriented, systematic thinker who strategically designs toward a larger brand narrative while also considering the minute, thoughtful details that will delight our customers
- Experience leading, growing, & fostering a team of designers with an eye toward organizational structure & individual development
- You ideate & work best in a variety of materials, dimensions, & forms & are passionate about the latest trends in digital design, experiential design, material design, & technology
- You are knowledgeable & proficient in packaging production & material processes
- A self-starter who is comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively, with competing priorities
- Able to to tackle complex projects under tight timelineswhile maintaining a positive attitude
- Youre an expert in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign. Experience with 2D / 3D software is a plus
- You have an understanding of Aways brand, aesthetic, voice, & mission
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies to verify vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire