Reporting to the VP of Finance & Business Strategy, the Director of Finance will be directly responsible for overseeing the accounting & financial operations of our hotel properties & development projects, & at a corporate level.
The role requires a well-rounded business leader with broad accounting, reporting, operational expertise, & a track record of working on cross-functional initiatives while scaling quickly-growing organizations. Excellent communication & project management skills are critical, as well as the ability to influence across various functions & levels of leadership.
The ideal candidate will not only be analytical & strategic, but will have the entrepreneurial spirit required to build something new, iterate on it, & expand it all while managing scarce resources. They will also have a deep understanding of financial reporting, & have experience implementing & managing new financial tools.
- Oversee monthly preparation of property financial statements & management reports
- Provide ongoing guidance on proper accounting treatment for revenue recognition, inventory, acquisitions, & other business developments
- Own the Companys accounting policies & procedures, & ensure compliance, providing training & updates as appropriate
- Collaborate with business leaders to seamlessly onboard new hotels onto the financial operating system
- Manage & develop the Accounting team, growing it into a world-class organization
- Oversee the preparation of annual Corporate budget, & produce quarterly forecasts
- Develop the strategy for the financial product roadmap to automate reporting & optimize financial operations
- Manage new finance systems & product implementations
- Work closely with the VP of Finance on ad hoc projects as needed
- High attention to detail, & an ability to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
- 7+ years of finance & accounting experience.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA).
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS.
- Management experience overseeing small to medium-sized teams.
- Experience with large-scale ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, Workday) is a plus.
- Polished communication skills & executive presence. Capable of translating complex business matters across functions & levels of leadership in a clear & concise manner.
- Experience in process efficiency & automation, with proven ability to operate successfully in a highly-complex & changing environment with competing objectives & priorities.
If this role interests you, please send a 2-3 paragraph email detailing your most recent challenge at work that required you to implement a new finance process and/or product. Provide us with context to understand the improvement, including what problem you aimed to solve, why it was important, & the impact it had. Email email@example.com with your responses.