We are looking to hire a UX/UI Designer to join our growing Digital Product team. Reporting into the Director of Digital Product, this person would be in charge of establishing functional workflows for digital product & conducting UX research & design. This person needs to be comfortable creating beautiful work that balances the needs of the user while optimizing for key business metrics like conversion & retention.
The ideal candidate will thrive on seeing the product continually iterate into something our users cant wait to get their hands on. Were a company that truly values our customers, so its guaranteed youll have a big impact.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Design the Mack Weldon user experience across web & mobile
- Create exceptional user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, & usability study findings.
- Create conceptual sketches to communicate design ideas as well as detailed design specifications for the finished product.
- Produce usable, intuitive, & delightful interfaces for our customers
- Plan & run user tests & other design research to inform decision choices
- Collaborate with the creative & digital product team to evolve & refine our design culture, system, & workflow
- Quickly & thoroughly create diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups & prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies & detailed interaction behaviors. (Generate concepts from sketches to wireframes to hi-fi mocks )
- Work with the engineering team to iterate, polish & ship digital product enhancements & new features
- Conduct remote & in person research
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5 years experience as a UX and/or UI Designer with eCommerce experience required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven knowledge of user-centered design principles & best practices
- Highly proficient with Design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- A portfolio of personal or professional projects, including projects over which you had total creative control
- An excellent foundation in visual design, including typography, color, & composition
- Ability to follow brand guidelines, but know when to change them or break them
- Driven, able to adapt & grow in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience designing products for growth (e.g., conversion optimization, A/B testing) is a plus
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- Its all about the people. To us, diversity is a strength. We check our egos at the door & value all backgrounds & experiences. From our employees to our customers to our partnerswe build relationships that last.
- We give a s***. Every detail matters. We research, we test, we adjust. We take pride in everything we do by being thoughtful in our decision making & design process.
- We put our money where our mouth is. We work with ethical & humane partners, we act with integrity & trust, & we take ownership of our actions & mistakes.
- We build for the future. First, we listen; then we think, plan, & act for the long-term. We see problems as opportunities & take calculated risks to build a company that lasts.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Hybrid office model (in office M/T/Th)
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear