Here at Appian, were passionate about technology. We love making it, & we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration & is committed to personal & professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, & in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As an observability-focused Software Engineer at Appian you will help manage our existing metrics & alerting platform & build its next generation while tackling our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- 1+ years of experience in enterprise software business in a mature SDLC.
- Experience with at least one linux scripting language (e.g. bash/shell, perl, etc.)
- Youre passionate about observability & cloud services
- Experience with RDBMS database technology (e.g. MySQL, Oracle or Amazon RDS, SQL Server, etc.)
- Strategic thinker & problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, learn & execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Youre passionate about identifying & building new tools & technologies to solve complex observability problems
- Youre a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough problems
- You have familiarity with AWS or similar Cloud providers
- You have familiarity with infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
- You have familiarity with networking & information security in the cloud (e.g. VPN, compliance, etc.)
- Imaginative, collaborative, & truly excited about building great products & experiences
- Excellent spoken & written communication with both technical & non-technical people.
How Youll Contribute:
- Develop simple yet elegant solutions to complex technical problems at the intersection of Engineering & IT in a small scrum team.
- Leverage a diverse array of tools including rsyslog, Fluentd, S3, AWS Athena & MySQL.
- Assist with metrics platform issue investigations & remediation
- Respond to & resolve emergent problems; write software & build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Partner with our solution engineering team & other departments to build applications of enterprise scale, including but not limited to data analytics, observability systems, infrastructure as code, etc.
Preferred Experience Level:
2+ years of relevant experience, building & delivering software applications.
B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.