Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. We're revolutionizing the way businesses & governments know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets, & brands when every second counts.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
About Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping organizations react to business-critical events around the globe. You'll be an expert in this field & a trusted advisor to your clients.
As an Account Executive at Dataminr, you'll help us dive deeper into the Enterprise space. That means taking a consultative approach, digging into the market to get the product out there, & selling larger & more complex deals to senior strategic buyers. You'll be sitting at the center of Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive & uncapped compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training & methodology program, & the latest tools & resources in the market.
Who you are:
You're a coach & a leader at heart. You love building & enabling successful sales development teams through a clear vision, structure & strategy. You're known for being able to create a thriving team culture based on a shared set of values & appropriately designed incentives.
You know what it's like to lead a high volume outbound sales prospecting group, & what it takes to drive consistent, high quality results. You understand the importance of ensuring consistent quality & quantity of professional outreach & qualification of clients & prospects. You embrace getting on the phone & leading by example.
You love creating a fun, high-energy environment where people love coming to work. You're passionate about the Dataminr product & ready to build out a best-in-class SDR team.
- Manage & lead a growing Inside Sales team of 6+ outbound Sales Development Representatives (SDRs)
- Build efficient processes to identify & research lists of companies to target
- Coaching SDR team in the development of effective & customized email & phone campaigns to successfully generate new business opportunities, including thoughtful & thorough preparation for pitches & demos
- Drive key performance metrics to ensure enough quality pipeline to help exceed monthly revenue targets
- Regularly report on key individual & team metrics to identify strengths & areas of improvement
- Generate accurate forecast to properly project quarterly & yearly team results
- Hire & train new hires
- Maintain & continuously build upon market & industry knowledge
- Partner with Sales Operations to train & optimize SDR team from onboarding through continuing education
- Work closely with Sales Operations & Sales Management to define strategy & processes that improve productivity & drive value throughout the sales funnel
- Partner with Sales Management to develop career paths & growth opportunities for SDRs, support team in achieving growth & next steps in their career at Dataminr
- Drive team motivation & healthy competition to exceed goals through training, coaching, mentorship, competitions, & creative incentives
- Provide mentorship & unique learning opportunities to ensure continued development of the team
- Drive continuous improvement in sales development process, efficiency & productivity
- Work with Marketing to ensure quality generation, education & nurturing of leads
- Actively communicate with & partner with Sales Leadership & contribute to the knowledge, insights & betterment of overall sales organization
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in B2B quota-bearing sales roles with a proven track record of sales success
- 2+ years of sales management or leadership experience
- Must have built & shaped a highly developed sales team
- Experience in building a sales engine in a young, high-growth technology and/or SaaS environment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.