Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The Accounting team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness & accuracy, & presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for brands in North America.
About the Role
This is a position within the North American Accounting team which will play a key role in helping the team establish strong controls around our inventory & accounts payable while giving the team the ability to scale with our growing businesses. You will be working directly with the North American Accounting team & will regularly engage with teams around the company.
What you will accomplish:
- Complete accounts payable inventory & freight invoicing for multiple brands.
- Provides customer service to suppliers with payment inquiries and.
- Review the unbilled inventory balance on a regular basis & flag PO discrepancies or EDI.
- Work closely with Cross functional partners to identify root cause & trouble shoot issues around inventory AP invoice processing.
- Ensure the completeness & accuracy of supplier set up in the system.
- Support with annual audits as needed.
- Improve the existing process around inventory & freight invoicing.
- Assist in completing special projects as needed.
You might have this background:
- 3+ years of relevant accounting & inventory experience
- Strong analytical skills & ability to dive deep into solving problems & data inconsistency.
- A track record of successful team collaboration
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Excel skills
- Solid interpersonal & communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP & SPS systems preferred.
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously.
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Accounts Payable Manager
- You will work closely with Supply Chain including Planning, Sourcing & Distribution & IT teams.
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $71,200-$97,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.