Graphic Design Manager
About Our Company
M.M.LaFleur is a female-founded womenswear company based in New York City. We believe the world is a better place when women succeed. Our goal is to take the work out of getting dressed, so you can focus on the work that matters to youwhether that means heading to the office, networking over brunch, leading PTA meetings, or anything in between. Our thoughtfully designed pieces are practical, comfortable, & beautiful, & we hope that when you wear them, you feel like the most polished & powerful version of yourself.
Who are we?
We're a group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. We get inspiration from our customers, & everything we design has a purpose & a human touch. We think big, but we sweat the details, & we take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. Were steady but nimble, thanks to a whip-smart, energetic team thats not afraid to be scrappy. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clotheswe own our mistakes, turn challenges into growth, & evolve as we learn. We embrace ambiguity, celebrate weird ideas, & love a work in progress. We are kind but direct, & we practice Kizukaia Japanese word that means empathy in action. We are incredibly proud of the team weve built, & were excited to continue evolving as we grow.
Our corporate office is located in lower Manhattan, but to prevent the spread of Covid-19, most of our positions are currently remote.
About This Role
Were looking for a Graphic Design Manager who can help us continue to evolve our brand identity. As Graphic Design Manager, you will work with the Art Director & Creative team to develop designs for all aspects of M.M.LaFleurs visuals, including the website, emails, print collateral, packaging, advertising, & other brand assets. M.M. is a fast-paced environment, & we need someone with the capacity to come up with new ideas while juggling multiple projects at once. In short, we're looking for a design superstar who is excited about jumping in & taking on new responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Work in tandem with Art Director to establish clear, elevated visual brand guidelines & ensure that all visuals adhere to these standards
- Create & conceptualize design templates for recurring web & print deliverables
- Design brand-right visual assets
- Draft web layouts for seasonal product launches & campaigns with attention to site responsiveness
- Create & provide design feedback on weekly marketing emails
- Conceptualize & ideate on new & existing brand collateral (such as direct mailers, package inserts, & hangtags)
- Develop cohesive ad campaigns for use on social media & digital display
- Design signage & collateral for offline retail, as needed
- Create out-of-home ads & largescale campaigns, such as subway advertisements, when applicable
- Manage two graphic designers as direct reports
- Review & provide feedback on design work
- Manage daily workload & assign projects
- Develop processes to streamline creative workflow
- Source & work with external vendors (such as printers) to accomplish design needs
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners in merchandising, ecommerce, performance marketing, & copy
What skills do you have?
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in Communication Design or related field)
- 4-6 years of design experience
- Highly organized self-starter with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to achieve business needs
- Strong sense & use of typography
- Capacity to translate complex ideas & requests into clear, customer-friendly experiences
- Discerning eye for photo editing, cropping, & compositing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Collaborative, flexible team member with a positive attitude & eagerness to learn
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- You heart startupsyou like flexibility & ownership; you move quickly & (sometimes) break things; you appreciate process, but dont mind if it doesnt exist sometimes.
- Big pluses: Illustration skills; hand lettering skills; video/motion graphics; CMS experience/understanding; retouching