Away is looking for a Compensation Director to ensure our compensation continues to be both consistent internally & competitive in the market as we continue to experience high growth globally.
Working closely with People Operations, Legal & Finance, you will develop & implement compensation strategies to ensure we continue to attract, retain & develop the team that will help us become the #1 travel brand in the world. This role will report to the VP of People, Process & Culture & work out of our HQ office in Soho, NY.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for the position.
Some of what you'll do:
- Design, implement & manage a global compensation framework, providing strategic direction & leadership
- Initiate, analyze & benchmark competitive salary information on an ongoing basis, & determine Aways competitive position
- Maintain internal compensation bands & framework to ensure appropriate compensation across departments & locations
- Work with People team to develop & support fair & equitable compensation reviews & promotions
- Lead equity planning strategy & initiatives in partnership with Legal & Finance, & build equity literacy across the company
- Create & iterate on bonus programs as needed as the company grows
- Work with leadership to serve as trusted resource regarding compensation, including salary & equity
Who you are:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in People Operations, including at least 5 years in compensation analysis & equity administration at venture-backed companies with hundreds or thousands of employees
- Experienced in scaling equity compensation programs as a company growth in headcount, employee tenure, & business stage
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills with ability to translate & present to a variety of stakeholders
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization as both a solo producer & an eager collaborator
- Strong client-service orientation & relationship-building skills; comfort working with various clients & vendors
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than one million travel products, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 200 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.