Away is seeking a Senior Manager of Product Marketing Operations who will be responsible for the operational success of the Product Marketing team. Youll track key product launch milestones, build scalable systems & processes, & facilitate alignment between Product Marketing & key internal stakeholders in order to improve the effectiveness of Aways end-to-end product launch process. This position will report to the Director of Product Strategy & Marketing, & is based in our SoHo, New York headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Manage Product Marketing timelines & deliverables, creating a common product launch calendar, communicate deadlines, & reviewing consistency of deliverables
- Partner with Product Marketing & cross-functional teams (including but not limited to: Product Development, Planning & Production, Brand, Creative, Web, Retail, & International) to ensure ownership & alignment across the organization, problem solving to resolve issues & recommending mid-program shifts when needed
- Build scalable tools, systems, templates, & processes that improve the effectiveness & efficiency of our end-to-end product launch process (from concept ideation to in-market launch) as our business grows & scales
- Develop effective meeting management standards for the Product Marketing team; socialize ways of working, objectives, & outcomes of key meetings with cross-functional partners
- Develop systematic ways of incorporating customer insights & data to our product launch process
- Stay abreast of new project/program management technologies & best practices in the industry
Who You Are:
- You have 5-8 years of relevant experience:
- In a project/program management role in a fast-paced environment (as examples, in operations consulting at a top-tier management consulting firm or product management or marketing operations at a high-growth startup)
- Building & implementing scalable processes & systems to support the launch of physical products (e.g. in CPG, retail)
- You are a strategic thinker (i.e. able to take the 10,000 foot view) with strong attention to detail
- You are results-oriented & process-focused with a passion for problem-solving & efficiency
- You are a strong relationship builder, with proven ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down & across the organization) to champion new processes & be a change agent
- You communicate clearly & seamlessly with a broad array of internal stakeholders
- You are hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude & are willing to put in the time necessary for success
- You thrive in an incredibly fast-paced, ever-changing, & sometimes ambiguous work environment
- You are passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!