What is NewCo?
NewCo (short for New Company) is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harrys. Over the past year, Harrys has identified & vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand & business in an underserved CPG (consumer packaged goods) category. They are now gearing up to launch & looking to hire a team to build & run the business, revolutionize another category & improve the experience of millions of people. NewCo is currently in pre-launch stealth mode & will be spun-off as an independent company before the brand launches.
About the Role
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will be one of the key early-stage members of NewCo & will be responsible for building & iterating our e-commerce experience. Since NewCo is a DTC business, this is a critical role to driving growth. You will be responsible for bringing our brand & products to life on the web by partnering with product & an external design/development agency to build the launch version of our website. Post launch, you will be challenged with complex problems ranging from implementing new features within our subscription e-commerce stack (Shopify & Recharge) to translating imaginative creative experiences into conversion-friendly landing pages.
Who you are:
As the first engineering hire at NewCo, you are eager to play an instrumental role in shaping our culture & capabilities as a tech-enabled CPG startup. You thrive in a collaborative environment that practices lean, user-centered, Agile software development. You are a full-stack web developer with experience developing custom themes on Shopify. You are excited about how your responsibilities will evolve & expand over time as our company grows & realizes our vision to become a category leader. You are a lifelong learner who enjoys picking up new technologies & ways of working. Youre seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity. Experience working at an early-stage startup or in environments of fast change & ambiguity is a plus.
What you will accomplish:
(What will this person be responsible for? What does success look like?)
- Collaborate with Product & an external design/development agency to build the launch version of our website on Shopify & Recharge, ensuring a smooth transition from external to in-house development as our agency engagement comes to an end
- Post-launch, deliver high-quality software in the form of enhancements & new features on a continuous basis
- Partner with internal stakeholders (e.g., Product, Growth, Creative) to shape our outcome-oriented digital product roadmap
- Implement technical capabilities to help grow & understand our business, including but not limited to A/B testing, data visualization, & behavioral analytics
- Conduct cross-browser & cross-device testing to ensure high-quality production experiences
- Help make key decisions to evolve our tech stack as our company finds product-market fit & then undergoes rapid growth
- 4+ years experience in full stack web development
- Experience building Shopify custom themes & features
- Deep understanding of cross-browser/platform issues & code solutions
- Write clean, readable code & tests
- Experience in profiling site performance & monitoring
- No task too small mentality, willing to roll up sleeves & get things done
- Passion for working collaboratively & cross-functionally
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Experience building websites that adhere to ADA accessibility standards
- Passion for new e-commerce technologies & frameworks (e.g., headless Shopify, JAMstack)
- Understanding of Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager or other analytics & marketing platforms
About Harrys & NewCo:
Harrys started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo. Now, Harrys vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in & building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harrys has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand & business (NewCo) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build & run that business, revolutionize another category, & improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support & guidance of experts that have done it before & with the backing of world-class investors.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.