Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The IT team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the infrastructure that powers Rent the Runways physical office locations, warehouses, & drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross-functionally services the Rent the Runway business & partners with multiple departments across the entire enterprise. The IT Team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving efficiencies throughout IT processes.
About the Job:
The Director of IT Operations, will be responsible to lead IT for all of Rent the Runways physical locations (Corporate, Fulfillment/Warehouse). You will lead multiple, high visible projects, as well as be responsible for the overall delivery & execution of these initiatives with standard SLAs. This is a hands on role that includes implementation of new infrastructure services, methods, maintenance, & roadmaps development for existing infrastructure, as well as expansion to new sites for a high growth & scale. You will serve as a leader on the team & drive the maturity of processes & people within IT networking, systems, & support.
What You'll Do:
- We are currently on our path towards maturing from a startup to an enterprise brand with 100s of end users & end points. As leader of this group you will be responsible for leading several technical deliverables, working together with our IT service, systems, & network engineering teams.
- You will be accountable for the entire lifecycle of IT infrastructure devices from implementation, asset management (CMDB), upgrades, & deprecation.
- This will include on premise Windows servers, Active Directory, MAC & PC workstations, file shares, Wi-Fi, & mobile devices.
- You will oversee the implementation & roadmaps for collaboration tools such as G-Suite, Zoom, Slack, & all Audio Video & VOIP infrastructure.
- You will be accountable for designing & implementing roadmaps for technologies as well as processes for maintenance & upgrades.
- You will produce stellar technical specs & documentation & drive the team to do the same.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent education & experience along with 5+ years of well-rounded IT experience as a lead, supervisor or manager necessary.
- You have 5+ years experience managing financial & operational aspects of IT, including purchasing, budgeting, & budget review.
- You are process oriented with experience implementing, documenting, & executing processes.
- You have proficient experience managing inventory, devices & related peripherals.
- Youre able to manage & optimize a growing user base of 400+ employees while leading & empowering your team to support & grow with the company.
- You have Microsoft Active Directory administration experience.
- You have experience with enterprise applications like GSuite, Jira, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft OS, Mac OS, Workday, Okta, etc.
- If you have an ITIL certification, its a plus!
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.