Strengthen & Streamline our Insurance Program
Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder & customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet. Started in 2013, we've now raised $1.3B from investors including Peter Thiel of Founders Fund, Softbank, DST, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Felicis Ventures, Y Combinator, & more.
We're looking for an Insurance Operations Associate to strengthen our client cargo insurance program. You will be the operational horsepower on our insurance team & be responsible for the day-to-day handling of our client insurance program. We're looking for someone who can streamline processes for our clients, vendors, & partners globally - all while making our teams more efficient by driving standardization & efficiencies within the insurance program.
- You will assist with our client cargo programs growth as we add new offerings & increase the value proposition to clients
- You will help develop & utilize financial models to support & optimize growth
- You will liaise with cross-functional stakeholders as you take ownership of projects
- You will develop & maintain necessary reports & dashboards that give insights into the health of the business
- You will complete special projects to support various Supply & Demand teams
You should have:
- 3-5 years experience in business development, marketing,
- Superior organizational talent - you love dotting is & crossing ts
- Client service focused attitude with experience serving customers needed
- You master to-do-lists & love marking off checkboxes
- Next-level attention to detail & follow-through
- You are a master at running excel; entering & analyzing complex data sets
- You execute on your projects independently & on-time
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
- Love to work as an integral part of cross functional team that
- Have courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- Insane can-do attitude who loves to come in on ground level & help build an empire
- BA/BS degree
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation