Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, & portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing, to product, to culture to deliver a unified customer experience & make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for senior product designers who care deeply about their customers & distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. Were looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, & marketing. You love exploring the latest & greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns & visual treatments on your radar. You are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, & an eye for sharp visual design. If this sounds like you, wed love to hear from you.
What youll do here:
- Deliver elegantly-simple solutions to the right problems defined by insights & data on web, mobile, or multiple platforms.
- Lead the creation of unified experiences across the entire customer journey that are contextual & beautiful
- Commit to understanding & knowing our users both the intangibles (emotional needs) & tangibles (functional needs).
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data & in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Work with engineering, product management, data, & marketing, etc to create holistic end-to-end experiences across domains
- Use storytelling, facilitation, & insights about our customers to create empathy & guide product teams
- Raise the quality bar for design at Mailchimp through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, & workshops
Wed love to hear from you if:
- Can show experience shipping multiple high impact, successful digital products
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify customer experiences across products, platforms, & domains
- Seek to understand & believes that diverse perspectives are the key to a successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for modern & best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer centric approaches to work
- You deeply understand how modern technologies are used with design (CSS, React JS)
- Love best practices as much as an opportunity to try something just crazy enough to work
- You have experience or a desire to mentor
- You believe you still have a lot to learn
- Have experience designing within & evolving design systems
- Know how to measure outcomes & guide design work to ensure energy is aligned with strategy
Mailchimp is a founder-owned andhighly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historicPonce City Market, right on theBeltline. We offer our employees anexceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), andgenerous profit sharing. We hirehumble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!