THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
As a member of Blue Aprons Demand Planning team, the Sr Data Analyst will drive efforts to manage & improve Blue Aprons evolving demand & revenue forecasting process. The candidate will work towards improving all aspects of forecasting demand, including evolving & refining Blue Aprons short & long term models, interpreting the impact of new product releases, continuing to develop Blue Aprons forecasting SOP, & actively managing the communication of demand on a weekly basis to company executives. You will work closely with the Operations, Finance, & Analytics teams to interpret customer habits & preferences, & will also interface with other stakeholders in the organization to optimally connect supply considerations with demand. Candidates will be motivated self-starters with highly analytical quantitative experience, comfortable with navigating & manipulating large models as well as thinking through new questions that frequently arise in a fast-moving environment. They will also possess strong verbal & communications skills, required in interfacing with varied project teams across the company. They will shape the direction & efforts of improving the predictability & visibility of the companys demand.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Support the CFO, CRO, & other company executives in understanding, forecasting, & managing demand in an emerging industry
- Work directly with Machine Learning, Finance, Analytics, Accounting, & Business teams to maintain & improve forecasting models & methodology
- Identify, prioritize, structure, & analyze ad hoc analyses about the businesss demand, customers, & business operations to answer questions & integrate insights in the forecasting process
- Lead & facilitate large discussions around Demand Planning topics ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences is a must
- Interface with cross-functional teams across the company, with both the confidence & self-awareness to garner consensus around solutions
- 3-5 years of experience working in a data analytics, business planning & forecasting function, working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, & data cleansing/transformation (e.g. demand/supply planning, corporate planning, FP&A, or investment banking/consulting). Experience incorporating business drivers to model financial performance is a strong plus
- Coding skills, including:
- Advanced data manipulation skills in SQL
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R) a plus
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Looker)
- Exceptional project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving & constantly evolving high growth environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.