Company Description|Job Description
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, & data integrations with internal & external systems to deliver useful & elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic & therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test & receive our clinical reports, & deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms & drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mulesoft, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), & a variety of AWS services to analyze & disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
In this role, you'll be part of a team that is responsible for automating & scaling complex workflows & implementing processes for a state of the art sequencing lab. Your customers will be licensed clinical operators; your goal is to use software & automation to help them focus on extensive screening.
You enjoy an agile, fast paced & highly technical environment. You are comfortablecommunicating technical & non-technical information across multiple functions & levels.
Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for the planning, design, installing, testing, monitoring & on-going administration of various core solutions within Guardant Health's global technology infrastructure. This includes responsibility for ensuring the highest levels of systems & infrastructure availability while adhering to security & compliance best practices.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Virtual & Hybrid Data Center Monitoring & Management: AWS, Jumpcloud, Active Directory, Vmware
- On-premise & co-location systems design & operations
- Provisioning & configuring hardware (compute & storage nodes)
- Provisioning & configuring various Network infrastructure components: Cisco Meraki, Juniper & Mist, Brocade
- Provisioning & configuring SAN storage & interconnect infrastructures
- Troubleshooting & administering Linux-based production systems (Ubuntu, RHEL) & Windows Server
- Developing & automating actions associated with policies of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Developing & enforcing security measures to comply with ISO/IEC 27000 & HIPAA
- One or more programming / scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Java
- Debugging Operating System & Application issues (server, storage, network, security, vendor, application, hardware, end user, etc.)
- Support & oversight for software & hardware projects
- Successful coordination & collaboration between IT functions & line-of-business operations to ensure availability, reliability, & scalability of enterprise solutions
- Master's Degree in CS, EE, or MIS
- 18+ years of IT engineering excellence in positions of increasing responsibilities
- 10+ years IT experience as a Senior Systems Engineer
Keywords / #hastags
#guardanthealth #biotechjobs #biojobs #biotechcareers #biocareers #bioinformatics #mulesoft #bash #powershell #ror #ruby #java #jumpcloud #aws #vmware #activedirectory #pharmajobs #pharmacareers#nosql#networkengineer #systemsengineer #hipaa #iso #iec27000 #mongodb #emr #ehr #emrjobs #ehrjobs #healthcarejobs #storagenodes #ciscomeraki #cisco #meraki#juniper #brocade
We would like to talk with you about our exciting projects we currently have ongoing. Please seewww.guardanthealth.com/jobsfor more information & to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.