Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About Case Management at Pg
Our Case Management & Sales Associate teams work side by side to provide an easy & seamless experience for clients applying for life insurance. As we like to put it: theyre bread & butter. Ying & Yang. Case Management & Sales Associates... You get the picture.
Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team aims to ensure that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from initial application submission through to offer.
- Own & manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, from submission to carrier through to approval
- Carry out regular case review & hastily follow up on all outstanding case requirements
- Create & send new life insurance applications to clients via varying carrier processes
- Receive & review new life insurance applications for missing information prior to submission to the insurance carrier
- Coordinate with appropriate carriers & vendors to schedule, reschedule, & track insurance exams & phone interviews
- Request all supplementary underwriting requirements from clients via electronic communication
- Order & review underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements, supplemental forms & other medical requirements for submission to the insurance carrier
- Take initiative to review other than applied for offers (AOTAs) to determine if better options exist for our customers
- Master all carrier workflows, application & underwriting processes & software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, & quality assurance) to ensure a seamless & transparent customer experience
- A bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Capacity to organize & prioritize workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, & placed in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate consistently, precisely & professionally in both verbal & written communication with internal & external customers alike
- Superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills & passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity you do not cut corners ethically & can be trusted to do the right thing for clients & for the team
- A teamwork mindset you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)