Empowering people to contribute their unique potential to the workplace.
About Lingo Live
Our mission statement, above, drives everything we do at Lingo Live. Our program is unique in the marketplace in that it focuses on the development of a personal relationship & a customizable task-based curriculum as the keys to both language acquisition & development as a communicator.
We empower learners not only to excel at their jobs, but also to transform their careers. In the process, we help companies create more inclusive cultures which drives diversity, innovation & growth. Our customers include some of the worlds leading multinational tech & media companies, including Outbrain, Eventbrite, NBC Universal, & many others we cant name. We have an NPS score of 63 & a lesson satisfaction score greater than 97%. We have grown revenue 300%+ year over year since we started in 2014.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, & remote employees around the world. Our team includes an in-house learning team of PhD-level linguists & diverse group of language & communication coaches. They guide our products evolution based both on the prevailing academic theories & their on-the-ground (or on-the-screen) teaching & learning experience.
We're an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We strive to nurture a culture of inclusivity & belonging where everyone can thrive.
Description of the Role:
You will report to the Product Engagement Specialist (Ben Hinman) & be a member of the Learning Team, led by Chief Learning Officer, Jesse Abing, PhD & Director of Coaching, Alyssa Conley. You'll work closely to support the Customer Success Team, led by Lea Therianos & will also work closely with Product & Engineering, Product Support, & our current community of coaches. You will play an instrumental role in ensuring our user base is actively using the program their employer has paid for and, ultimately, help provide a best-in-class language, communication & culture program for clients. This role is crucial to company growth & our ability to hit our 2019 OKRs.
Learner Success Manager Responsibilities:
Dedicated to overseeing program adoption & engagement at our largest account, driving new user program adoption & on-going engagement for learners & their managers by:
- Onboarding new learners & their managers:
- Deliver consultations to ensure learners have a great first-lesson experience & are matched to the right coach. Get learners to commit to 3 sessions a week & follow up with them to make sure theyre committed & are having an impactful experience. Make sure learners complete a baseline program survey.
- Make initial contact with the learners manager & get feedback about what areas of improvement the manager suggests for the learner. Relay this information to the learners coach. Make sure the manager completes a baseline survey about the learners communication skills.
- Re-engaging inactive learners:
- Actively monitor & reach out to learners who dip in activity or become inactive in our program.
- Establish a process for following up with learners who say theyre not interested in continuing at the moment, theyre currently too busy, or they need a break from the program.
**What we're looking for:**
- A hungry college graduate with a great attitude & the desire to work for a rapidly growing education startup.
- Possibly a Sales/Business Development Researcher whos burned out on rejection & would like to transfer skills to a job where people (our learners & their managers) are appreciative of your outreach.
- Ideally some sales experience, whether you sold candy door to door in High School, started your own venture, or worked as an intern selling commodities prove to us you can sell.
- Track record of ability to handle a high volume of email, phone call, video conference, and/or text message outreach as part of a sales, fundraising, or customer engagement process.
- Good proficiency with Gmail, Microsoft Excel, & data analytics tools, bonus for experience with Survey Monkey, Looker, & Salesforce.
- Tenacious & strategic persistence.
- Someone who knows how to convince busy people to do things that are good for them despite their excuses.
**What we can offer:**
- Flexible remote + co-working space subscription:You'll enjoy the freedom to work from home as needed with the luxury of a co-working space subscription to Spacious where you'll join a small group of fellow Learning Team members who work from Williamsburg regularly
- The potential of long-term full-time employment
- Perks (e.g. free language/communication coaching, Friday team lunch)
- 85% paid health benefits
- The opportunity to help empower multinational tech professionals all over the world learn to contribute their unique potential in the workplace
Cover letter (optional)
Your resume should highlight work experience relevant to sales development, cold-calling, customer engagement
Candidate Assessment, emailed to you after you submit your application
We are looking to fill this position in the next by May 24th, so the process will move QUICKLY!