Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3BN from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, DST & Softbank.
With 1,500+ employees in three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
The Legal department has grown alongside the business & we're looking for the next addition to our legal team, who will support the legal department & the Company to build the corporate governance & corporate transactions function so that our processes & systems are well-equipped to support our boards of directors & their committees, corporate entities (foreign & domestic), & other aspects of the corporate function.
As Corporate Paralegal, youll join a small & mighty global team & report to Corporate Counsel. You will also regularly partner with Commercial Counsel (Flexport Capital), the General Counsel & the Head of Legal Operations & Chief of Staff on certain projects. You will join an esteemed group of paralegals across the global legal department.
This position requires previous experience with large private or public company board governance, excellent project management skills, strong document management focus, & the ability to collaborate across multiple teams. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills & an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment that requires cross-functional collaboration across the legal & business teams.
- Lead the corporate governance & entity management function for all corporate entities globally (board & shareholder resolutions & actions; annual filings; management of registered agent; etc) under the guidance of in-house Corporate Counsel
- Coordinate with in-house paralegals & external registered agents & reporting services in the corporate governance functions
- Provide support to Corporate Counsel as necessary in connection with regulatory & SEC reporting function; management of insider trading compliance, public company listing requirements, equity compensation matters
- Provide support for Board of Directors management
- Provide support to in-house Corporate Counsel, General Counsel & Chief Legal Officer on M&A, strategic transactions & integration of newly acquired companies & business product lines
- Provide support to in-house Europe & Asia counsel with regard to corporate governance; & in-house U.S. Commercial counsel supporting our trade finance & credit teams
- Work with Corporate Counsel on various global cross-functional projects with the in-house Tax & Finance teams (e.g. in the course of annual financial audits & various global business projects (including corporate restructuring, expansion, various inter-company agreements)
You should have:
- Minimum 4+ years of law firm experience in corporate & governance matters including forming & maintaining various business entities, maintaining corporate books & records, drafting & preparing basic governance documents (minutes, consents, officer certificates & related commercial & corporate documents), with at least 2+ years supporting corporate and/or capital markets associates or partners in a major US law firm
- Experience with various EDGAR filings (Section 16 filings, including Forms 3, 4 & 5) is a plus
- Experience Drafting & arranging for UCC filings, amendments, extensions & terminations relating primarily to secured transactions & conducting computerized lien searches
- In-house experience is ideal but not required; in-house at a technology company is a plus
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent legal & business judgment
- Ability to work on your own & prioritize multiple, often competing for deliverables while managing expectations & meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills & the ability to coordinate effectively & gain trust & confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous & accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types & time zones
- Excellent communication skills to interact with both internal clients & colleagues as well as external parties (external counsel, strategic partners, auditors, regulators, investors) while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, & thorough manner.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.