Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking an innovative expert in behavior & narrative change campaigning to be a senior principal & thought leader on an exciting new project currently under development. The person in this role will lead this new initiative focussed on democratizing the future of the internet by engaging an ecosystem of actors to drive new narratives, behaviors, policies & best practices around Web3. You will hold the role of project principal - handling client & stakeholder relationships across the length & breadth of this long term project.
This is an unique opportunity to play a crucial role in developing the global foundations of Web3, & ensuring that the future of the digital age does not carry with it the inequalities of the past. You will work closely with the President, the Executive team & other Directors across the organization to proactively grow this new venture & optimize all avenues for impact.
The ideal candidate will have 12+ years of experience, with a demonstrated track record of rapid response campaigning, leading large scale campaigns teams, scaling new initiatives, & an enthusiasm for managing & developing funder & client relationships. You should also have a strong equity lens that you apply to your work on a daily basis. Management & leadership experience in a relevant campaigns, strategy, communications, or public affairs organization is essential. Other capabilities of interest include digital campaigning, strategic communications, policy & political strategy, social marketing, consumer engagement, product development, or community organizing.
We're looking for candidates who are highly entrepreneurial, agile & innovative, able to spot breakout opportunities, & to lead on executing high-impact partnerships & projects.
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
This role is offered at the Senior Director tier, with a salary range of $120,000 to $160,000 (commensurate with experience) + benefits, in addition to commission-based incentive structures. Purpose deeply values professional development, & there are many opportunities for growth in this role.
The role will be based out of our New York office, & we are open to candidates based on the East Coast, willing to travel when needed.
- As the project Principal, manage relationships with clients, funders & other core partners, lead the project team across all stages from concept through execution, including developing & executing campaigns across channels, including earned & paid media, content-led strategies, & direct action;
- Design & implement a strategic phase that includes the development of a robust ecosystem map to better understand the sector at large;
- Integrate into the partner outreach process & identify engagement opportunities for campaign collaboration as well as new initiatives that align with project frameworks;
- Set & maintain the highest standards for deliverables, both internal & external;
- Proactively seek out new clients & partners & actively engage in the creation of new issue area based programming as relevant to the project;
- Develop, pitch & lead on large campaign project & labs business development opportunities as relevant;
- Research & stay abreast of best practices in digital organizing & campaigns, digital marketing & communications, purpose-driven brand strategy, corporate social impact work, & other key areas of expertise;
- Provide decision making, oversight & troubleshooting capacity on a number of programs being executed simultaneously
- Manage multiple people with their long-term career in mind; develop their skills as managers; proactively seeks unofficial mentorship opportunities; & create an open environment for two-way feedback;
- Integrate into the partner outreach process & identify engagement opportunities for campaign collaboration
- ~12+ years of progressive campaigning experience from a leading consultancy/agency, electoral campaign, or non-profit advocacy organization, leading social impact initiatives on the client side;
- Demonstrated track record in digital organizing & campaigns, digital marketing & communications, and/or purpose-driven brand strategy;
- Experience with rapid response campaigning, audience segmentation & micro-targeting, & developing trusted messenger status with key partners;
- Strong entrepreneurial sensibility - you've had success in launching new projects or initiatives that employ new, innovative models to drive social impact;
- Experienced & adept manager of very smart, multidisciplinary teams
- Experience serving as a lead representative with partners & stakeholders, including senior leadership of major foundations, NGOs, & corporations;
- Experience building partnerships within corporate & philanthropy sectors;
- Experience with client services and/or business development & lead generation;
- A global sensibility, global issue & policy expertise and/or global work experience;
- Experience running campaigns that emphasize experimentation & scaling of success to achieve measurable impact
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- High bar for quality, rigor, & integrity in your own work, as well as your colleagues
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge & are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity & expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veterans status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation & beliefs.