Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddars team is growing, products are diversifying, & infrastructure is become more complex - at a very fast pace. Were looking for an experienced project manager to oversee a diverse portfolio of projects that helps our team work together to execute on their objectives amidst the rapid change.
The right candidate will help to manage projects involving the technologies that media companies employ to produce, monetize & distribute our content. The specific project will be assigned at the time that the internship commences; example projects could include:
- Develop a content management system best practice guide & training.
- Research Production Management tools to understand what is available in the marketplace & could potentially streamline newsroom processes.
- Company-wide Slack channel audit & communications strategy.
- Knowledge Management weekly reporting & support strategy to increase user & author adoption.
- Gather an online user study & make recommendations about improvements needed to our owned & operated platforms & apps.
- Work with our editors on a media management approach to properly store & tag our content for reuse.
- Support ratemyprofessors.com in their social strategy & focus group research.
- Support the atemyprofessors.com ops team in day to day task, including but not limited to audience growth & monetization efforts via planned & impromptu reporting & database requests & responding to inbound advertising inquiries on Rate My Professor
The successful candidate must be a self-starter & someone who drives results & inspires others to take action.
- Break down the assigned project into a feasible plan that achieves the goals & objectives of the project & aligns with the organizations overall business strategy.
- Assign team tasks & deadlines, give teams the tools to collaborate while not micromanaging every activity.
- Report on project progress
- Lead effective meetings to chart progress & remove obstacles
- Be in constant communications with project team members, being open to feedback to keep them productive
Requirements & Core Competencies
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Excellent decision-making & leadership skills
- Adaptable to different types & levels of stakeholders
- Comfortable learning new software programs (examples include but are not limited to: task management, timeline mgmt, presentation, process mapping applications)
- Experience using project management software/tools to manage a project from start to completion
- Exceptionally organized
- Relentless communicator & comfortable with presenting information
- Strong analytical skills
- Thrives in fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm
- At least 1 year of production/project/media management experience (Internships & curricular activity included)
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.