BuzzFeed News is seeking a summer intern to join the books team in New York. Were looking for a bona fide book lover our ideal candidate is a voracious reader of multiple genres, who reads about books when theyre not reading books,and who always knows which book drama is taking over Twitter (and has an opinion on it).
- Keep tabs on social media & report on publishing industry news
- Create surprising, relevant book recommendation lists
- Work with the books editor to build the books newsletter
- Work with the culture desk to brainstorm compelling stories that add new perspectives to ongoing conversations around the state of modern publishing
- Demonstrated passion for books & book culture
- An investment in reading & reviewing diverse books
- Previous experience writing books content in an editorial or social media capacity
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
Please apply with a rsum, social media handles, & a quick cover letter that tells us what youve been reading lately & why youd be perfect for the job.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.