About Def Method
We are generalist software engineering & product management consultants committed to building the best software company we can by delivering excellent results for our customers. We apply user-centered design, lean, & agile software development principles to help our customers create valuable products, & are always refining our craft.
Value prop of this role
Were looking for an experienced Conversation Designer to join the team.
Def Method builds a range of products for our clients, varying from greenfield applications for startups to well-established products across various industries.
An estimate of how youll spend your time
- Practice - 50%
- Lead the charge for the customer conversational experience & translate business needs into conversational use cases
- Iterate & experiment to create beautiful, functional & thoughtful conversational designs
- Plan, write & edit conversational dialogue plus create or enhance intent templates for multi-modal experiences
- Conduct user research (including chat log analysis, contextual interviews) to uncover user needs, pain points, & behaviors
- Problem solve, think big, & explore concepts & ideas in order to design valuable, cohesive, delightful, & empathetic user experiences.
- Lead user experience research & experimentation initiatives, partnering with Product Engineering, Data Science, & management
- Partner with the Design Team to develop new paradigms & frameworks for new interaction models involving language as interaction
- Tactical - 40%
- Facilitate product discovery & development on client projects, act as design advisor to our customers & consultants, & provide additional project support as needed
- Operations - 10%
- Represent design in sales conversations & scoping work.
What youll bring:
- 3+ years of relevant conversation design work & experience, including VUI design, voice designing, UX copywriting
- Familiarity with complete UX research experience, including user research, collaborative ideation, chatbot writing, prototyping & testing
- Experience writing user interview scripts & conducting user interviews including exploratory, validation, & usability interviews.
- Your professional desire for continuous learning, a breadth of experiences, & a hunger to learn & discover new ideas, products, & processes.
- Strong, clear communication & presentation skills. You will be expected to present design strategies to your team, clients & the executive team.
- Passion for building intuitive, positive experiences for users.
- Your bias for user-centered, collaborative, lightweight process & tight feedback loops.
- Your ability to give honest, unflinching, & respectful analysis to our customers, employees, & the leadership team.
Why we love working here
- We are committed to growing together by building excellent software for customers & expanding the range of experiences & perspectives that shape our work.
- Investment in learning: one month of professional development time for courses/conference/study per year, with a generous budget.
- Great pay & benefits comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, even life insurance!
- Generous vacation time & minimal travel (if at all).
- Flexible work from home policy in normal times; we are currently remote through the end of 2020.