Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership & enabling women to rent, subscribe to & purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the People Team:
The People team at RTR is responsible for just that, our people. Were partners to the business & work to empower every team within our business to scale through the acquisition & development & growth of our employees.
About the Job:
As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will become a strategic thought partner around all people related matters for our Technology & Analytics teams. As a seasoned, experienced & functionally capable professional, you will play a critical role in ensuring the organization drives a tightly aligned, integrated, high performance culture. You will develop, lead & communicate the Rent the Runway culture & operating style, & will play an integral role in building the organizations capabilities. You will feel comfortable alternating between high-level strategy, & day to day tactical advice to line managers. As a key player within the company you will be immersed in the business groups you support, & be a critical link between the business groups & the wider People team. You will collaborate with other HRBPs & HR COEs to ensure consistent execution of HR programs.
What Youll Do:
- Create & deliver of all HR programs for our US based Technology & Analytics teams - ensuring alignment with enterprise level business & HR objectives
- Work closely with the most senior leaders of the organization providing sound HR advice & judgment on all people related matters
- Manage & resolves complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough & objective investigations
- Own, run & optimize all HR processes for your aligned group - including but not limited to, Compensation & Promotion process, performance management, OKR setting & tracking among others
- Identify, develop & deploy training needs for business units & individual executive coaching needs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks & ensuring regulatory compliance; partner closely with the legal & finance teams as needed
- BA/BS degree & at least 6 years of experience working in HR, preferably in startup or growth stage environment
- Proven track record of successfully managing employee relations, HR policies & procedures
- Experience in a dynamic environment with various departments with a focus on engineering & technology plus the ability to support & effectively partner with employees at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent at communication & building relationships
- Astute attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, plus the ability to use Excel & Powerpoint as business tools
- Scrappiness & entrepreneurial spirit - must thrive in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment & effectively handle competing priorities
- Working knowledge of federal & state laws
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.