iCapital is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $125 billion in global client assets invested in 1,012 funds, as of April 2022.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
iCapital is looking for the ideal candidate to join the Hedge Fund Finance Management team. This role will manage an accounting team that services a fast-growing sector of the business. This person will be responsible for servicing hedge & private equity fund of fund, & access fund vehicles (the funds) in conjunction with third-party administrators. They will also manage all fund accounting & financial reporting to investors, including capital activity, partner capital statements, annual audited financials, & tax deliverables.
- Build & maintain relationships with underlying fund managers, fund administrators, & distributors.
- Design & implement processes & procedures for servicing the funds. Partner closely with the management team to enhance & automate key processes, & develop & enhance product, management, & other reporting, targeting both efficiency & scale.
- Work closely with Investor Relations, Product, Legal & Compliance, Technology, Sales, & Marketing teams to support fund operations.
- Participate in new fund structuring, setup, & onboarding.
- Provide oversight of fund administrators & other service providers, such as auditors, tax service providers, & custodians.
- Monitor cash positions & liquidity of investments, reconciliations, & manage cash reserves.
- Run accounts payable & expense allocation processes.
- Define, update, & maintain operating policies & procedures.
- Liaise with funds custodian & funds bank, as well as other counterparties as needed.
- Work with counsel & Chief Compliance Officer to ensure general compliance with fund docs as well as regulatory filings & requirements such as SEC & FINRA.
- Fulfill ad-hoc tasks as required by the team & different parts of the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or another business-related field
- 10+ years of fund accounting, fund administration, or finance operations experience (prefer a focus on alternative investment funds including fund-of-funds & feeder funds, but not required)
- Passion for the application of innovative technology
- Advanced accounting skills & experience within an audit framework preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated capacity & willingness to work within a close team structure on all tasks
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail with ability to see the big picture
- Proven ability to multi-task & work both independently & as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Eager to learn new topics & work in an evolving business environment
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; unlimited paid time off (PTO) & parental leave.
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days & remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.