WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are looking for an Industrial designer for our Super Chewer team. The toy business within the growing pet industry makes up about $2 billion in annual revenue. BARK wants to grow this brand to bring our ideas to market in a smart & impactful way. We are looking for a talented designer who can help innovate in the industry & bring a unique perspective, executed through strong technical skills & shown through good aesthetic.
You will make an impact at BARK through creativity & efficiency. You will be tasked to help streamline our efforts with toy design & development, as well as bring fresh new ideas & perspectives across all creative initiatives.
- 3 to 5 years of industrial design experience
- Degree in Industrial Design
- Must be proficient in CAD (boneus points for Fusion 360 or Solidworks) as well as Adobe Creative Suite
- You have experience working with factories to bring a design through to production
- You understand how to communicate volume & character through sketching & have a portfolio that exhibits a level of mastery in composition, color & silhouette
- You like being part of a team & dont cringe when getting creative feedback
- Youre comfortable being nitpicky to make sure quality is maintained throughout the process. You can communicate creative notes clearly.
- Strong sketching skills
- Strong sense of form & branding through product
- Ability to show process & design thinking
- Collaborate with the Design Team to create fun & innovative dog toys across various mediums
- Toy design experience is a plus
- You are imaginative & fast thinking with the ability to quickly jump from one category to another
- Able & willing to work in a collaborative environment
- You are motivated, self-sufficient & have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable with designs not moving forward for reasons
- Quickly generate ideas through sketching and/or 3D modeling (Fusion 360, Solidworks or Creo)
- Explore toy designs to elevate play for dogs & their humans
- Participate in ideation & brainstorming sessions with teams across various disciplines
- Successfully present & communicate concepts to the design, merchandising & marketing teams
- Conduct deep-dive market, trend & user research
- Develop production-ready drawings & work with factories to bring a design through to production.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.