Team Whistle comprising Whistle, Tiny Horse, New Form & Vertical Networks is a global media company thats changing the sports & entertainment game. We create & distribute engaging content experiences for todays audiences, always playing in the positive & resonating with whats relatable. Our premium scripted, unscripted & interactive shows, podcasts, music & merchandise are available on the social, audio & streaming platforms that matter most. For brands, sports leagues & media companies, we help them activate & engage consumers across the content ecosystem.
Team Whistle is looking for a part-time Operations Manager to support our WhistleTV team, which leads our syndication & OTT efforts. This position reports to the Director of Content Syndication Operations & Partner Management.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Serves as liaison to the post production & studio team to manage asset ingestion, transcoding, & uploading of all Whistle TV content to platforms.
- Support work cross-functionally with video operations, sales, & creative services teams to troubleshoot issues, gather & deliver assets to meet required deadlines
- Keeping track of all incoming & outgoing content deliveries
- Ensuring that process laid out in the Team Whistle Production Bible is followed
- Manage day-to-day operational partnership for existing & new partners, assisting content partners with any delivery questions
- Organizing content library of over 800 titles; including but not limited to, metadata creation, captions, art assets, content right availabilities, & screening links across Whistles Content Management System & Content Delivery System.
- Drive processes & find efficiency to help scale the operations workflow to support the growing digital OTT business
- Update VOD metadata & related assets on network digital platforms.
- Ensuring that metadata from partners is loaded into WhistleTVs library tracking system
- QCing new content for ingestion & following proper procedures for accepting or rejecting content
- Performing missing asset creation when necessary ie caption files, art
- Conduct regular product audits across various platforms for consistency
- Troubleshoot & resolve technical video, art & metadata issues that arise & anticipate, react to, & resolve technical & operational issues with urgency
- Maintain & help update the rights management of various digital assets across each partner
- Delivering assets to distribution partners according to their specifications & submitting metadata when necessary
- Creating programming strategy of WhistleTVs linear feed with the programming team.
- Ensuring that linear scheduling is implemented properly, & that internal teams & external partners receive timely & accurate scheduling updates.
- Manage network playlist software (AMAGI, WURL, AND APP) & ensure that all programming, promos, adbreaks & other on-air content is scheduled & formatted accurately.
- Providing creative direction for channel asset creation such as logos, lower thirds, interstitials, & adbreaks.
- Performing asset maintenance & audits on programming platforms
- Managing VOD library & delivering to VOD platforms
- Working with Ad Ops lead on ad strategy & applying it to necessary assets
- Content Partner Management
- Manage daily partner facing communication & maintain ongoing business operations partnerships
- Evaluating content pitches & providing feedback to partners
- Managing an expanding WTV contact list
- Programming communication to partners & platforms
- Providing copy & graphics on a weekly basis for Corporate LinkedIn
- Managing posts on a weekly basis for Griffins LinkedIn
- Creating & editing the Monthly WhistleTV Content Partner Newsletter
- Responsible for WhistleTVs weekly HABU (recap)
- Managing WhistleTVs VOD library on Vimeo
- Managing our seller & buyer accounts on Vuulr & Rightstrade & responding to any business inquiries.
- Support post teams when necessary with any transcoding or editing tasks to bring content up to spec for platforms
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in the fields of post production & media syndication
- Problem solving attitude
- Extremely organized & efficient with an eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task & be on several projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite with advanced knowledge of post production processes & video codecs including but not limited to:
- Advanced knowledge of Final Cut, Avid, Premiere & other editing softwares
- Ability to read & understand video metadata
- Knowledge of different caption format
- Knowledge of broadcast standard specs for video