Director Competitive Intelligence
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in product, technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the worlds largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, & more. And were just getting started.
About the Role
The Competitive Intelligence team is responsible for ensuring Walmart delivers best in class prices & online shopping experiences. In this position, you will lead a team of product managers, analysts, & engineers in shaping the future of Walmart e-commerce. Youll use a blend of technical & business skills to navigate a fast-moving environment & deliver results.
This role will work across the broader Walmart eCommerce portfolio focusing on Walmart.com, with some limited exposure to Jet.com.
- Set the Competitive Intelligence team vision & product roadmap
- Build & manage a team of 5-7 associates in Hoboken, NJ, with a dotted line from 2-3 product managers in Bangalore, India. Majority of associates are not in place today, so hiring will be an important early priority
- Design & evolve a framework to define objectives & measure success
- Collaborate with Engineering to build new algorithms & features
- Build a best in class competitive intelligence & analytics team to identify actionable opportunities & provide senior leadership with key insights into the competitive landscape
- Broaden scope of competitive intelligence to encompass additional areas of competitive intelligence (assortment, search, marketplace, etc.), finding connection points into other functional areas of the merchandising team
- Manage all Pricing & Competitive Intelligence reporting, dashboards, & communications
- Design, launch, & own all Pricing & Competitive Intelligence data tables, acting as Data Steward interaction point for GDAP (Global Data team)
- Develop team-members as they work through various workstreams including supporting the product life-cycle, building & monitoring reports, conducting in-depth analyses, & stewarding cross-functional initiatives
- Interface with & advise multiple teams including Retail, Catalog, & Marketing
- 5+ years of experience in a highly analytical role, OR 5+ years in a product management role
- A rigorous course of undergraduate study with a preference towards computer science, engineering, business, economics, natural sciences, or mathematics. MBA or an advanced technical degree is preferred
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects & manage teams with time-sensitive deliverables & shifting priorities
- Sufficient mastery of technical concepts to participate in design discussions & materially contribute to building & maintaining complex technical systems
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
- Excellent analytical skills with experience teasing actionable insights from large datasets
- Knowledge of SQL or other relational database query languages is preferred