Every third second a new review is posted on Trustpilot for one of the thousands of businesses that count on Trustpilot for honest, authentic customer reviews & feedback. Its no exaggeration to say that were growing at lightning speed. Named to Fast Companys list of Most Innovative Companies & ranked on the 5000 list of fastest-growing businesses, we have ambitious plans & are looking for a Senior Communications Manager that can help us take the next step in building a global leading brand through proactive communications.
As Senior Communications Manager in the U.S. you will be making critical recommendations & decisions concerning our communications & earned media strategy in our biggest & fastest-growing market. As a digital business that helps companies grow their brand, were looking for a person that is deeply rooted & passionate about PR & appreciates the importance & value of trust & transparency. We work with both consumers & businesses; the ideal candidate will have experience & be comfortable handling B2C & B2B communications.
You will be based in our Flatiron office in New York City & report to Trustpilots Director of Advertising & Communications North America. The Senior Comms Manager U.S. will be responsible for a wide range of tasks at the strategic, tactical & operational levels. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically about the big picture while still being able & willing to roll up his or her sleeves to execute on the day-to-day, tactical items.
- Manage media relationships in the U.S., including inbound media inquiries & issues management
- Work in tandem with the Director of Advertising & Communications to strategize & execute an earned media plan, including identifying relevant PR stories & angles, phone & email pitching, press releases, Q&As, fact sheets & talk tracks.
- Function as an advisor on U.S. media relations for the executive team & prepare spokespersons to meet/interview with reporters & editors
- Develop & execute vertical campaigns in collaboration with our Marketing & Demand Generation teams
- Assist in organic social media efforts on LinkedIn, Twitter, & Facebook
- Assist with advertising as needed & as directed by the Director of Ad & Comms North America
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of PR experience, preferably at a public relations or integrated marketing agency; experience on the client/brand side a plus but not necessary
- Proven track record of securing proactive media placements around key strategic brand themes (you may be asked to provide a clip/coverage book)
- Strong consumer media experience & trade/B2B experience
- Experience in implementing PR strategies, handling press inquiries, & creating media outreach materials
- Ability to write strong pitches, press releases, Q&As, fact sheets, contributed/bylined articles, & more
- Solid media relations & deep understanding of how the media works
- Experience in working with Social Media & a passion for embracing the opportunities
- Ability to work independently with a hands-on approach while prioritizing multiple projects
- Think & move fast while being a team player
- Bachelors degree in communications and/or journalism; Masters degree preferred
- Willingness to take a writing test/submit writing samples
What We Offer
Were still building our brand so this is a real opportunity for someone who wants to transform & continually reinvent our communications efforts as we build the world's leading review platform. We offer an exciting & empowering opportunity given the right candidate:
- The opportunity to be a key player in an exciting growth journey
- An international, fast-paced, vibrant & diverse working environment
- Competitive salary package, bonus scheme & stock options
- Lots of perks including snacks, drinks, social events & much more
About the Communications & Brand Team
As the Senior Communications Manager U.S. youll become a part of the Communications & Brand Team consisting of 11 people based in three locations: Copenhagen, New York & London. Were a young & small team with a flat structure that work closely together in an informal manner all eager to succeed & learn - & we help each other grow & reach that next step in our careers.
Trustpilot is a leading independent review platform, free & open to all companies & consumers. With more than 58 million reviews of over 265,000 domains, Trustpilot gives people a place to share & discover reviews of companies, & enables every company to turn consumer feedback into business results. Trustpilots mission is to bring people & companies closer together to create ever-improving experiences for everyone. Its brand is seen more than 3.5 billion times online each month. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne & Vilnius, Trustpilot's 700 employees represent more than 40 different nationalities. For more information, visit https://www.trustpilot.com/