At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Here at Lyft, data is the only way we make decisions. It is the core of our business, helping us create a world-class transportation experience for our customers & providing insights into the effectiveness of our product launch & features. As aFrontend Engineer on our Data Insights team you will be responsible for building innovative custom web tools using React, Sass & GraphQL & will strive to achieve exceptional design fidelity, usability, accessibility & performance. These tools are used by engineers, product, scientists & support teams across the company.
Every project will require close collaboration with stakeholders (Science, Business Operations, Engineers, Executives, etc.) across the company. As a Frontend Engineer, you will be working closely with product, design & other engineers to build & ship products. These projects may occur simultaneously, so you must be able to juggle multiple concurrent initiatives. We will also expect you to champion sound Frontend standards to engineers, designers, & management.
Our teams move at an extremely fast pace & is always evolving. Being adaptable to change is a necessity & so is having a great attitude.
- Be part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces pairing, healthy discussions & supports each other in their goals
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on new & emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current & evolving infrastructure
- Unblock, support & effectively communicate cross functionally in order to achieve results
- Help define the team roadmap & architecture based on technology & business needs
- Evangelize appropriate tech & engineering best practices, & occasionally give internal or external tech talks
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver & rider
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Experience working with NodeJS & Express applications
- Experience working with design systems (e.g. Bootstrap, Salesforce Lightning, GitHub Primer)
- Experience with unit, integration, & end-to-end testing
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product & Design
- Good understanding of web performance & how browsers & DOM work
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.