Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
User research plays a critical contributing role in bringing the business closer to our users. In this role, you will be empowered to work closely with key stakeholders & product designers in order to plan, run, analyse & evangelize research, supporting multiple streams of work. In turn, applying your skills & expertise in driving & delivering measurable impact to the product & user experience.
- Working closely with product designers, & project managers in order to develop & carry out impactful user research across different projects & teams
- Analysis & synthesis of findings as well as a strategic vision supporting next steps
- Drive impact through communicating research findings, & actionable insights, with passion & creative flare
- Apply data driven research culture to your work & beyond
- Evangelise user research & findings
Summary of required experience & attributes
- You have experience in product research, running both qualitative (e.g., usability study, diary study) as well as quantitative (e.g., large scale survey) studies.
- You have an academic background in the field of Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, or a related field.
- You take a rigorous approach to UX research & have skills in both generative & evaluative UX research methods as well as optimisation testing.
- You are able to demonstrate that your work has had measurable positive impact to product & user experience.
- You recognise the importance of collaborative work, & exercise your strong interpersonal skills, working closely with other parts of the business including but not limited to data science, customer service, & software engineering.
- You are empathetic, humble & focused on the team, welcoming unique perspectives & opinions.
- Youre someone who draws motivation, purpose & inspiration from the mission of a company in helping to solve the problems you work on.
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code