When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Senior Engineer, Identity & Access Management (Enterprise Technology)
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds & sustains the IT services powering Deliveroos internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements & love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
As a Senior Identity Engineer youll be focused on planning, building & maintaining the infrastructure & tools used to manage access to our systems for our employees.
What youll be doing:
- Implementation & continuous to improve our Identity & access management services line with company policies & standards as well as changing technologies & security guidelines
- Design, implement & maintain existing & new technologies to ensure audit & privacy compliance, where appropriate challenge & improve security & technology policies
- Design, implement & maintain IAM architecture to support service integrations to support automated user provisioning & deprovisioning.
- Drive continuous automation of IAM operations & controls to improve efficiency & security including Google Cloud Identity, Active Directory
- Troubleshoot & manage the resolution of issues related to identities, systems access, accounts, authentication, authorization, entitlements, & permissions
- Mentor & train junior team members in the development, implementation, review, & testing of IAM technologies
- Management of applications for SSO between our Identity Provider & each application including working with app owners, requirements gathering, documentation & implementation
- Work with information security, compliance, legal & privacy functions to drive culture & behaviour change & provide assurance on effective & secure IAM operations by following defined procedures & challenge insecure behaviours
Required Skills & Experience:
- Expert level technical skill in Identity & Access Management technologies & systems, including identity & access management (IAM) protocols such as SSO/SAML, OAuth/OIDC, SCIM & 2-step verification, systems including Google Cloud Identity & Active Directory.
- Expert knowledge on IAM architecture & integrations.
- Coding/scripting experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Expert knowledge & extensive experience using GCP or AWS
- Knowledge of Role based access control & Privileged Access Management (PAM)
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, & work with new & emerging technologies, methodologies & solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to influence & impact others & drive changes effectively
- Working knowledge of information security & privacy framework e.g. NIST, ISO27000 series, GDPR