Tanium is adding to its world-class accounting & finance organization & is looking for a Sr. Stock Plan Administrator to join our rapidly growing team.
This position requires a well-rounded individual, who is excited to jump into all things equity. The Stock Administration team is part of Taniums Finance & Accounting department. We are growing fast & our Stock Admin landscape is changing quickly with it we are looking for someone who has high attention to detail, enjoys interfacing with lots of different groups across the organization & is passionate about helping our employees understand what our equity plan means for them. You will be a key player in the stock admin & accounting team, from entering, validating, reconciling, posting accounting journals related to stock transactions to improving processes & controls & responding directly to employee queries. This role is a great opportunity to broaden your plan administration experience while getting to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic tech unicorn.
What youll do:
- Assist with administering global equity transactions, including new grants, cancellations, option exercises, quarterly RSU releases, & other adhoc stock transaction
- Work with Payroll & Tax teams to ensure accurate & timely tax withholding & reporting
- Support employee education of equity awards & Company programs & policies & conduct new hire orientation & office hours for new & existing employees
- Ensure quality control of the record-keeping system
- Prepare monthly reconciliations to ensure accuracy & completeness of equity & transaction data (supporting both tax & accounting teams)
- Responsible for recording accounting entries related to equity transactions
- Compile data & manage third-party provider with periodic global compliance filings
- Serve as the point person on work with outsourced administration vendors, focusing on streamline processes, effective controls, accuracy & executing to deadlines
- Develop & maintain an effective partnership with Finance, Tax, Payroll, & HR departments to ensure smooth transaction processing & providing regular & ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Create & update documents defining procedures for all plan administration
- Maintain supporting workbooks for management & external auditors & respond accurately, thoroughly & timely to auditor & investor inquiries
- Assist manage various automation projects to help build efficiency for the stock admin team
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong academic background; Bachelors degree required
- Preferred Certified Equity Professional (CEP) qualification completed or in process
- 4+ years in stock plan administration preferred
- Shareworks experience preferred
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Advanced analytical ability, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, & ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive understanding of many different types of equity awards & private & public company equity programs, across multiple jurisdictions
- Knowledge of equity reporting requirements as it relates to payroll processing & year-end reporting (i.e. stock options, RSUs, etc.)
- Accounting for stock transactions preferred but not required
- Hands-on experience with outsourced equity platform preferred, Shareworks a plus
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.