What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza.
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 12,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. We've also even been featured in the Apple Apple Store a good few times!
Read more about our initiatives here.
Yes, we have a pizza philosophy
We believe pizza is more than food it's a slice of life. Across the world, pizza is made by people who care about craft, history, & culture. We created Slice to champion the small mom & pop pizzerias by connecting those proud makers with customers who are just as passionate about their pizza. We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food that brings people together for more than just a bite.
In this new exciting role, youll join & learn from our collective of other talented & passionate iOS engineers, working across a range of different multi-discipline teams with backend engineers, Android engineers & testers.
What You'll Do:
- Display exceptional productivity when working both independently & pairing to drive work to completion
- Display expertise in resolution of software failures
- You'll have a major impact in the features & performance of our mobile applications
- Lead by example through writing very high quality, maintainable code
- Become a mentor & teacher to junior-level engineers
- 2+ years experience of building consumer facing mobile applications
- Advanced knowledge of Swift or Objective-C
- Experience working on product focused mobile applications
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills
- Fluent verbal & written English skills
- Passion for learning
- A positive approach to your work, & treat others well
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Experience with migrating an existing Objective-C application to Swift
- Broad knowledge Agile processes
- Interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM
- Must have understanding of the full product development life-cycle
- Interest in working with Android or backend web services a plus
- Knowledge of current advances & tools being created & adopted by the iOS software community
Great Engineers can come from a variety of backgrounds, & so Slice is open-minded to varied education & experience.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the Engineering culture & skill bases & community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.