Manager of Strategic Finance
MakeSpace is looking for a Manager of Strategic Finance to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, & easy-to-use app, were making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Were looking for a Manager of Strategic Finance to join the Finance team. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, you will be an integral part of the company, using finance & data analysis to drive growth & improve operations at MakeSpace. In this role, you will help manage the companys annual business planning process, provide decision support through developing & monitoring company-wide metrics, & influence strategic initiatives.
You can expect to:
- Own all aspects of budgeting & forecasting including detailed variance analysis
- Prepare KPI reports delivered to our Management Team, Board of Directors & outside investors
- Support all departments by modeling key initiatives & projecting potential scenarios to make important decisions
- Serve as a key contact with our main business partner providing performance updates & collaborating on strategic planning
- Identify opportunities & tools that will improve the planning process as well as business operations
- Work cross-functionally across departments including marketing, accounting & operations
- Take on various ad hoc projects & continuous improvement initiatives
- 2+ years of investment banking experience followed by roles in a high growth company
- CFA preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field from a top university
- Expertise in Excel; must possess the ability to produce complex, dynamic three-statement financial models utilizing modeling best practices
- Proficiency with SQL & analyzing large datasets using Looker or a similar data visualization tool
- Knowledgeable about statistics & data driven forecasting methodologies
- An excellent communicator & a natural team player; curious & inquisitive & excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area
- An analytical, results-oriented thinker looking for an opportunity to own projects from beginning to end, with a focus on driving better results for the business
- Intense attention to detail & willingness to continuously improve analyses
- Familiarity with consumer subscription business models & consumer marketing funnels
- Humility to take on any task to help improve the company & support teammates
- Ideal candidate to be located near our New York or Phoenix office, but can be fully remote from any US location with occasional travel required
- Reliable, stable internet connection required
- Base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options including fully paid plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.