Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is seeking a senior systems programmer for Dead by Daylight. The programmer will work, in a dynamic environment, with fellow programmers as well as game & level designers on designing, implementing, & improving game systems.
Develop systems to support all aspects of the game. The tasks include, but are not limited to,
- Performance & memory optimization;
- Player progression;
- Game flow;
- Anti-cheat mechanics;
- Online & multiplayer systems;
- Integration of game engine updates;
- Engine systems (3D, physics, resource management);
- Multiplatform functionalities (PS4, XboxOne, PC);
- Various tools;
- Thoroughly test implemented features;
- Participate in design reviews & code reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area;
- 5+ years' experience as an engine/systems programmer in the game industry;
- Strong C++ skills;
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, or an equivalent game engine, is a big plus;
- Experience with online multiplayer game programming is a big plus.
- Ability to solve challenging technical problems, with excellent analysis, & rapid deployment of effective solutions;
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic;
- Ability to produce efficient software designs, & to write clear & maintainable code;
- Ability to adapt to changing needs & requirements;
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work, manage their own time, & work within deadlines;
- Ability to pay a good attention to details;
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games;
- Good communication skills;
- Passion & enthusiasm for video games.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.