We are looking for a driven, organized & experienced Planning Manager who is inspired by a fast-paced environment & the opportunity to be a founding member of Glossiers Planning Team. We are building out this function to manage the day-to-day responsibilities, build a strong foundation, drive process improvement, & support Glossiers fast paced growth.
Reporting directly to the Director of Planning, the Planning Manager is primarily responsible for analyzing, identifying & communicating sales & inventory opportunities & providing risk-mitigation recommendations. In addition, the Planning Manager will be expected to meaningfully contribute to broader strategic & resource planning conversations across the company. Flexibility & the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative & driven to achieve results.
- Day-to-day inventory management including e-commerce & retail channels
- Manage sales & inventory forecasts ensuring there are no stock-outs in order to achieve aggressive growth plans
- Manage reporting cadence & structure to ensure that key stakeholders have transparency into planning
- Develop reports & tools to improve our ability to monitor & control inventory flows in a scalable way
- Optimize inventory turn & inventory health
- Provide detailed & accurate inbound & outbound forecasts of product & packaging to distribution centers in order to manage receiving & optimize order fulfillment as we grow
- Work with internal teams to drive tool & process improvements
- 4+ years of experience in retail planning, financial planning, strategy or business analytics
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel & the ability to quickly master new applications & systems
- Strong analytical, financial modeling & problem solving skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills to balance & prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management & analytical skills
- Results oriented with an ability to multitask effectively
- Team player capable of working cross functionally
- Willingness to extend yourself & assist other team members
- Flexibility / ability to reinvent & reimagine as our business change
- Experience in e-commerce a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.