BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking an engineer to help build the future of online shopping & commerce. We need your help to build new user facing features & maintain our complex data infrastructure.
We are rebuilding how shopping & content work together, giving our users the ability to shape wishlists, explore curated collections of content, interact with products in new ways, & discover the best shopping content on the Internet,
Were a distributed team consisting of product managers, designers, a data scientist, & engineers. Together, we work on a variety of services & user interfaces responsible for powering the cutting edge of online commerce & content.
- Create reusable patterns that improve the consistency of the codebase.
- Operate in a data-driven way, using insights you collect on user behaviour to create compelling & engaging experiences.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, designers, product managers, & others, taking learning opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Reach across the entire tech stack at BuzzFeed & get a deep understanding of large-scale media companies architecture & operations.
- Build complex user facing applications that leverage our large Commerce databases & APIs.
- Build tools for our editorial staff, giving them data driven insights & more efficient tools overall.
- Design APIs & tools that bring our data closer to the user.
- You understand that the web is for everyone & build inclusive, accessible systems.
- You are a passionate, empathetic engineer who enjoys contributing to, & leading, technical projects & working with engineers at all levels.
- You value testing, instrumenting & documenting your work.
- You adapt quickly to change & love to ship & iterate, building on new user research, insights & data.
- You have familiarity with JS libraries like Next.js & React.
- You have familiarity with languages like Python or Go
- You are comfortable switching between frontend features & backend features, & understand how the entire stack works as a whole.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.