At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a motivated Accountant to join our team. This role will be critical in building a world class accounting organization to support our growth. This is an amazing opportunity to join a quickly developing team & make an immediate impact to the business. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment & be adaptable to changing responsibilities & priorities.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliations & flux analyses in accordance with close calendar timelines, primarily focused on G&A, S&M & T&E
- Review detailed transactions to ensure proper GL coding
- Assist in support of external audit, including preparation of audit requests & ongoing support
- Assist in developing & implementing scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely & accurate financial reporting
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners to facilitate streamlined processes
- Assist in documentation/implementation of internal controls & ensure SOX compliance in areas of responsibility
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting & analysis requests, & other tasks as assigned
- 4-year degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years experience in Accounting role, public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent organizational & communication skills a must
- Must be detail oriented, able to solve problems & multitask
- Strong quantitative & qualitative analytical skills experience in Microsoft & Google applications; Oracle, NetSuite & Coupa are strongly preferred
- Ability to operate independently & as part of a larger functional team
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.