Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
As our third ever FP&A hire, you will be playing a key role continuing to define & scale the FP&A function. You will work cross-functionally to understand our financial levers, create revenue forecasts, & track budgets. This is a high impact role: you will ultimately help the company to achieve its financial goals by ensuring alignment across teams, evolving our financial analytics, & providing actionable, meaningful insights to the executive team.
We are seeking an eager, curious & passionate finance professional that demonstrates critical thinking skills & is always looking for ways to think thoughtfully about the data.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the financial reporting that is shared across the organization, leveraging financial data to create reports & dashboards to assess the companys financial health
- Partner cross-functionally with product, data science, curriculum, & marketing teams to better understand financial drivers & KPIs, as well as to provide insights into results
- Work closely with Data Science to ensure data integrity of financial metrics
- Model revenue projections for new & expanding product lines, including Pro & Codecademy for Business.
- Be an integral part of our annual planning process to develop the annual budgets & top line targets.
- Lead ad-hoc strategic finance projects that may include curriculum unit economics & TAM analyses.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2+ years of progressive finance experience (ideally in a fast-growing technology company, investment banking, or consulting)
- Fluency in the SaaS business model; experience at a SaaS company is a plus
- Excel whiz, experience with BI tools such as Looker
- Data driven: you must possess excellent analytical & financial modeling skills with the ability to verify, analyze, & draw conclusions from data.
- You're a self-starter who loves wearing different hats & have an enthusiastic spirit that no job is too small or too big
- You like to create things from scratch & can operate within ambiguity, whether individually or in collaboration with others
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through education
- Proficiency with SQL & analyzing large datasets
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.