BuzzFeed Video is looking for a project-based Director to bring their creative & technical skills to our editorial video team. We are looking for a smart, experienced & passionate Director that can work with the various departments working on a new series. The Director will work with the in-house creative team & the production team to build a new series.
This is a freelance position, based in BuzzFeeds LA office. The project rate is $1,300 Weekly for an estimated 5 week-period, with the possibility of a 6th week.
- Collaborate with the Creative Executive & Production Team.
- Attend virtual tech scout, pre-pro meeting, & prep day in addition to shoot days.
- Collaborate with Creative Executive on shot list & creative execution of the show.
- Collaborate with the creative team & DP on gear needs from our in house equipment inventory.
- Follow all COVID-19 safety precautions.
- Lead creative direction at pace that aligns within limits of shooting schedule.
- When applicable, guide direction of talents recipe ideation & execution.
- Work with DP to create a visual style that aligns with the BuzzFeed Hero property and/or channel in which these assets ladder.
- This is a project that spans genres, so you must be familiar with food, beauty & spooky content.
- Work with team to make sure Media Logs are properly filled out & submitted with the footage.
- Work with production to keep set moving & make our shoot days while keeping timing in mind.
- Complete Edit Blueprints detailing creative notes from set for Post production handoff.
- 2+ years experience directing digital videos.
- Experience with digital food, beauty & spooky content, ideally with a comedic tone.
- Experience directing talent & working with a DP in the digital space.
- Experience troubleshooting creative solutions if on set limitations or changes arise.
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of camera, lighting & sound.
- Solid understanding of directing for IGTV & is fluent in all of Instagrams assets (i.e. Reels, Stories, Grid, etc)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.