Commsor is looking for inquisitive, well-rounded Full Stack Engineers to join our Engineering team. You will work in partnership with our product team & colleagues in engineering to build & manage scalable, user-facing solutions. This includes but is not limited to implementing user interface designs, building real-time data visualizations, development of private & public APIs & services, graph data modelling, data pipelines, & building data integrations.
You'll have the opportunity to find creative solutions to important problems & create & drive new initiatives, seeing them from inception through to technical design, implementation, & release. We have big plans & a big vision, & need passionate engineers that love to build & innovate, to help us take our product to the next level.
We're a small & fully distributed team, currently spanning from California to Australia & we take pride in our ability to function as an effective remote organization. We have Commsaurians spread over 15 countries, would you be adding a new flag to the team?
WHO IS COMMSOR?
The next 10 years will be dominated by community-led companies - although currently, creating a successful community is often difficult & time-consuming. Commsor helps companies & teams build better communities, & demonstrate their impact on the business. We're creating powerful community-centric tools including analytics, automation, intelligence, & more.
Most important to us at Commsor is that you possess the values we hold dear to us:
We put community first. Communities are the whole reason we exist so we care about them a lot. Seeing communities thrive is pretty much our favorite thing, so we center them in everything we do.
We keep it light. Lightweight, that is. There are no extra points for the most complex solution to a problem. We delight our customers (and ourselves) with iterative results in pursuit of maximizing impact while reducing wasted time, energy, or resources.
We embrace the hard stuff. We welcome change & challenges with a growth mindset & believe every hard thing is an opportunity to become better at what we do.
We own our outcomes. We're entrepreneurial at heart & put an emphasis on individual responsibility & autonomy. Everyone contributes to our success.
We're the real deal. Communities flourish when its members have an enjoyable & safe space to be their authentic selves. We ensure everyone is encouraged to be respectful, authentic & honest, challenge the status quo & bring the fun.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
- The salary range for this role is between $100,000 & $140,000/annually, depending on experience & impact.
- Fully remote & flexible set up: you get to choose your working hours. As long as your team is informed & the job gets done, we highly encourage you to take that midday walk, pick up your kids from school or go for a run!
- Unlimited annual leave: there is no limit on how many days off you take. A rested Commsaurian is a happy & productive one.
- Office set up allowance: when joining Commsor you will get $3,000 Home Office Stipend towards the purchase of any equipment you might need.
- Learning & Development Budget: each year youll receive a $1,000 professional development stipend, which can be used to purchase courses, books or webinar tickets.
- Enhanced Healthcare plans for US employees.
- Annual Off-site Retreat: next stop will be Ireland!
- Modern technology. Our product is built from the ground up on modern infrastructure.
- You will receive equity in a startup company thats well funded & in a growing industry
HOW WILL THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR THIS ROLE LOOK LIKE?
- First Interview, Hiring Manager initial screening call to assess broad role/team fit evaluation.
- Second Interview, Technical Interview with 2-3 members of the product & engineering team to gauge technical & role specific competencies.
- Coding challenge, 1-2 hour take home assignment shared through a Github repository that gives you a starting codebase & asks you to solve for a few challenges relevant to our product
- Final Interview, Cultural & Strategic Discussion with one representative from the Leadership Team & one representative from the People Ops Team to evaluate vision & cultural alignment
THIS SOUNDS GREAT, BUT WHAT EXACLY ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You'll be responsible for working cross-functionally with our Design, Product, Engineering, & Machine Learning teams to continue building on our existing platform, conceptualize & plan new technology, & execute a healthy share of our product roadmap.
You will be a key component in helping us find technical solutions to customer pain points & building those solutions with exceptional quality with a motivated & sparky team.
- An experienced engineer with 3-5+ years of professional experience working with teams to develop user-facing, data-heavy cloud software
- Proficient in some of the following technologies & languages: Clojure, Datomic, GraphQL, Kafka, OLAP Databases
- If you are curious about, or have experience with TypeScript, the web platform, React ecosystem, Node - it's a bonus, but not required.
- Human-centered understand customer's needs & love generating new creative solutions
- A great communicator
- Collaborative & enjoy navigating complex decisions as a group
- Driven to deliver quality that exceeds expectations
- Open minded & passionate about learning new concepts & skills
- A sound critical-thinker with a proven track record of gaining trust & respect demonstrating sound critical-thinking
- Scientific & guided by hypothesis-driven thinking
- Comfortable with ambiguity & autonomy; highly adaptable to new circumstances
- Naturally driven to find creative & efficient solutions
And last but not least... Were a scale-up, & theyre not for everyone - it's important that you're ready for the challenge of doing your best work in an environment where we're all collectively dealing with ambiguity, or having to compromise between competing objectives.
Doesnt sound like you? Feel free to share this with someone you feel would make an awesome addition to the team, & thank you for reading.
Interesting, but not quite the right role? Send us your CV anyway. Were a growing company which means future opportunities!
Were committed to building a culturally diverse team & strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We encourage every person who is interested to apply. Were imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldnt apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you dont match 100% of the job description. We also commit to making our hiring decisions as quickly as possible in respect to our candidates time & effort. We aim to move successful candidates along the pipeline within 4 weeks from the time of the application.