KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
FIRE SPRINKLER DETAILERBUILDING PLATFORMS
This Fire Sprinkler Detailer will develop high detail (kitting-level) documents & installation sets primarily for the fire protection scope of Katerra building platforms. These platforms are standardized buildings that can be constructed in many locations with minimal project customization needed. At Katerra our buildings in incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology & developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, & cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills & most importantly be driven to challenge typical approaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Fire Protection Detailer will be a member of Katerras Building Platform Engineering team. His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Develop LOD400 computer models for fire sprinkler systems based on engineering drawings and/or basis of designs.
- Produce Shop Drawings (i.e. Issue for Manufacturing sets) for prefabricated assemblies that will be built in a factory/off-site.
- Produce Field Drawings (i.e. Issue for Installation sets) for field installers detailing the exact locations & complete parts needs for installation.
- Occasionally develop Revit families as needed to complete modeling/detailing
- Coordinate with other engineers, field tradesmen, & manufacturing on part selection.
- Coordinate with other modelers, detailers, etc. for clash correction.
- Support optimization of VDC/detailing processes to improve detailing execution.
- Support the ideation & development of prefab assemblies that accelerate field installation.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in fire sprinkler detailing/design at a US contractor
- Advanced knowledge & active experience in all the following tools: Revit, AutoSprink RVT, & NavisWorks
- Experience with PDF markup tools such as Bluebeam & Adobe Acrobat.
- General knowledge of the International Building Code, NFPA 13, & NFPA 13R
- Proven ability reading architectural, structural, mechanical & piping plans
- Proven ability to size sprinkler piping by conducting hydraulic calculations
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Travel: Fluctuates (5% expected). Domestic travel.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.