Over the past twenty years, technology has dramatically changed how media is created, consumed, and distributed. Public relations (PR) is how organizations manage the way media influences their brand value-almost every purchase decision you make can be traced to a PR campaign. Yet, while the media industry has largely adapted to the disruption from technology, PR has failed to keep up. Companies spend $100 billion annually on PR, but it remains a high-touch relationship business facing an existential crisis absent change. New technology alone is not the solution. The solution is intelligent technology woven harmoniously into PR services to increase the effectiveness of both. This is Vivid.
We are creating a platform to unite and inform the media industry: publishers, journalists, brands, and PR firms. The first component of our product is a media planning tool that is currently in beta mode but has already been adopted by several of the world's top brands and media companies. We are excited to build on this early success to develop the industry's first single platform solution for planning, distributing, and measuring brand communications: think Bloomberg for the media industry.
Vivid is in the process of raising its seed round with backing from several top media innovators and operators as well as select venture firms. We are hiring a senior engineer to join our executive team and be our engineering leader to help grow the company from the ground up. This person will work closely with Vivid's two co-founders and will manage and lead our technology vision, strategy, and development. This person must have deep technical knowledge, ability to inspire and recruit key talent, and a passion for thinking outside the box to deliver high-quality, large-scale engineering solutions.
- Proven experience and fluency in enterprise SaaS technology architecture, including: (i) full-stack web application architecture and development in modern frameworks and (ii) cloud-based database architecture and management
- Experience in setting up engineering best practices, including: (i) source code management, (ii) writing high-quality, scalable code and managing code reviews, (iii) testing and deployment, and (iv) system performance monitoring and alerts
- Understanding of enterprise cybersecurity and compliance best practices
- Establishing a best-in-class engineering culture
- Building and managing high-performance engineering teams
- Agile development and quick prototyping
- Managing large-scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Integrating system/data frameworks
- Collaborating closely with product, marketing, business, and operations divisions
- Familiarity with AWS, RESTful APIs, React, Node.js, and Golang
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent practical experience (MS/PhD encouraged)
The position is for our NYC headquarters. The right candidate will have the opportunity to earn meaningful equity and build a dynamic team around them to help us create a game-changing company.
Please apply here: email@example.com