Our Vision & Mission
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, & sell more units. Today, theres a demand to have products & services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade & access new innovations & features constantly. This is the end of ownership & it changes everything. Our vision is The World Subscribed where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuoras leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing & packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, & disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Team & Role
Our growth story is only just beginning & our Technical Documentation team is pivotal in ensuring the success of our customers. Were looking for an excellent writer to join our team in Beijing. This is a wide-ranging role, with fantastic opportunities to shape the way that documentation is produced & delivered at Zuora.
Youre a great fit for this role if you love figuring out how things work, have a passion for technology, & are able to turn complex ideas into simple instructions & conceptual content. At Zuora, you will be the CEO aka ZEO of your work & career owning the entire lifecycle of user & developer documentation for your areas of expertise.
What youll do & achieve:
- Research, write, & maintain high-quality online documentation
- Become an expert on Zuoras products from both a technical & business standpoint
- Work independently & manage your own projects while building relationships across Zuora
- Collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, customer support agents, & other technical writers
- Articulate the documentation needs of our customers, strategic partners, & internal users
- Lead initiatives to enhance the effectiveness & influence of the Technical Documentation team
What youll need to be successful:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience. We will also consider related experience
- Excellent spoken & written English. All of our documentation is written in English
- Great project management skills & knowledge of technical writing best practices
- The ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for technology & a desire to learn. You will learn something new every day!
- Credentials to legally work in China. This role is located in Beijing
It would be a bonus if you have:
- A strong technical background, such as a degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Knowledge of billing, payments, finance, accounting, or another business function
- Experience using & documenting REST APIs
- Experience using web authoring tools & content management systems
- Experience with the Agile software development process
[Insert the latest About Zuora, or use the below]
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing & revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career & leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate & innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility & accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isnt an empty branding effort our ZEOs love working here & it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, & stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet & Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai & Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences & contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com