Away is seeking a seasoned email marketer to lead our global email marketing team. The email marketing teams mission is to build a deeper relationship with our customers through the email channel, developing strong engagement & program growth & driving customer loyalty & retention. This team supports our global growth marketing efforts along with supporting growth in other areas across the business.
This person will play an instrumental role in defining the long-term strategy to support this mission, including overseeing the execution, management & optimization of all of our email marketing campaigns & the sustained growth of an engaged audience & customer base. As a proven leader, you will be a thought partner to senior members across our marketing team, helping us build & rapidly scale one of the most beloved & trusted travel brands in the world. This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City & reports to the VP, Growth Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Lead the vision, strategy, & results for our global Email Marketing program, encompassing the marketing, transactional, & lifecycle email programs supporting growth & retention across our e-commerce & brick & mortar businesses.
- Establish & deliver on KPIs & objectives for the global programs growth across all regions on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis to meet revenue & performance targets.
- Drive innovation across the team identifying new areas of opportunity for growth in our email marketing strategy & how were connecting our efforts to other teams.
- Build, mentor, & manage your team of experienced email marketing managers who report directly to you, as well as all members of the email marketing team who roll up into you.
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy alongside the team to continually optimize all areas of the program, including identifying opportunities to better understand our customer segments & their lifecycle & behaviors through the email channel, ultimately increasing efficiency & revenue & unlocking new insights for deeper segmentation.
- Become an effective ambassador & partner to cross-functional partners in other departments, especially our Brand Marketing, Creative, International, & Digital teams. Lead the team in disseminating our latest learnings & help other functions understand how decision trade offs impact revenue & growing a loyal email subscriber base.
- Partner with our Heads of Acquisition Marketing & Data & Analytics to ensure our customer cohorts are being nurtured & activated based on varying acquisition sources, supporting the long-term health of our customer base making our email marketing efforts more beneficial.
- Partner with our Brand Marketing, Creative, & International teams on development of strategic campaign direction & creative assets to achieve our goals & drive ROI.
- Regularly identify trends & email marketing strategies from other leading global brands to glean insights on best practices & new innovative ideas for email marketing tactics, including audits of how we can acquire, nurture & retain these customers.
- Ensure flawless technical execution of email program through ongoing, detailed review & testing, ensuring maximum deliverability & mitigation of risk.
Who you are:
- You have 8+ years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability & AB/multivariate testing ideally within ecommerce.
- You are a critical thinker & are familiar with email optimization tactics to improve performance. You love testing & know how to quickly pivot based on results.
- You have had a demonstrated impact on the growth of an email program & its impact to the business due to a combination of your team building & mentorship ability, as well as the innovative ideas you have contributed or otherwise helped foster.
- You have deep experience building a program with various ESPs & tech stacks & other technology partners to support the needs of a global email marketing program, including deliverability & testing vendors.
- You have detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices & compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL).
- You are resourceful & gritty, constantly questioning the current status quo & relentless solving problems in order to drive continuous improvement.
- You add to our company culture & embody our core values of being thoughtful, iterative, empowered, customer-obsessed, in it together, & accessible.
- You love email. Whether it's conferences, podcasts, white papers, or industry news, you're excited for the latest & greatest happening in the email world.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, & organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIn's "Top Startups," & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!